Saturday, October 18, 2008
kids at kimya
The kids first concert... went to see Kimya Dawson play a benefit concert at the free school. It was really informal, Kimya walked around talking to people and Annica decided to get her autograph complete with a panda face. Noah fell asleep during the opening act. We sat in the very front, about 10 feet away with about 300 people at our backs.
Her first 4 or so songs were from her new kids cd she just released...
okay so I didn't get to finish the story, but after the initial kids songs she launched into some of her older stuff... then she decides that it was okay to start dropping "F" bombs her and there and some illusions in the lyrics that fortunately, Annica didn't catch. SOOOO we ended up having to walk out. Let me paint the picture. It was a elementary school theater, everyone (300 people-ish) sat on the floor, except around 50 or so in the back on kids chairs. We sat directly in front of the stage, about 10 ft away from Kimya, literally she walked over Noah's sleeping legs to get up the stage (which was only about 2 1/2 feet or so up). We had to stand up in front of about 300 people, in front of her face and walk out. It really sucked and to tell you the truth we felt really heavy and crappy. Also we spent $35 on the tickets, $20 on the t-shirts and some more on snacks.. and were left feeling really crappy... The good new is we got to have a good talk with Annica who wanted to leave also, and were able to model walking away under pressure. Lesson learned I guess.... non-the-less, her kids songs were really fun
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh, how F-U-N!!! Her songs are so funny, but I can't hear her without thinking of JUNO! ;)
thats whats too bad about her doing that movie... beau introduced me to moldy peaches when we got married - he LOVED them, he's kinda jealous that everyone knows who they are now, so I tease him that he is an elitist hipster - which is something that annoys him bunches!
~g
Who in the crap is Kimya??????????????
Too funny, but I can't say I really blame Beau for his stance on their newly found fame.
I had to copy you and add them to my playlist - thanks for getting them stuck in my head again ;)
There is an award for you - a few rules to abide by, but still fun to go back and see what everyone else has posted. Go back to my blog to 'pick it up'.
WOW - just read the last bit that you finished. What nerve, to start in on songs like that while singing at an elementary school (where obviously she will be singing to a large younger audience)! And she's a mom too!
Yes (to the lighthouse photo) and thanks. I don't use anything fancy, just a slightly older digital Canon. The only lenses I have are the 18-55mm that came with it and a used 75-300mm that I bought from a friend.
(oh, and I don't have a macro lens... I was just really, really close to the bee - focusing manually.)
yeah, that kinda sucks g! nice comment nikki! :) oh yeah, and sorry bout the contest, but you have to admit mama's was pretty good!
I love you!
Oh, sorry G. Finally I heard the story that we tried to start yesterday. Proud of you guys for standing up for your convictions. As Mej said, that sucks!
Post a Comment